Monday, September 11, 2006

A Request For Help!



This month sees our boat into it's 2nd birthday. We built the tin can to be our home and sanctuary from the outside world. Rob and his father did most of the hard work. I limited myself to falling off it and fracturing my face (that is what happens to lazy clumsy people).









Boat as a baby.
Boat as a toddler (with grandad c!).
Anyway, as a birthday present we'd like to have an image of the Green Man painted on the the tin can's side. So, if anyone who reads this has an image of the Green Man, a website address, or anything else, for that matter, I would appreciate all the inspiration I can get. Let me know whether you need my email address, or just comment below.
Thank you :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Valonia

try this link to Herhimbryn;

http://secrethill.blogspot.com/2006/08/green-man_20.html

She's done a post about said green man with a link to information about him.

Good to hear from you again.

Pete

September 11, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Great to hear from you again. Your boat looks lovely.
I can suggest google search on Images for the elusive GM. There are lods of images of him there.

September 11, 2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

This GM is a bit unusual......
http://www.jimpix.co.uk/photos/default.asp?id=482&Submit=View+gallery

This photogragher is superb btw.

September 12, 2006 3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fractured your face? That sounds more than just painful!

I love the idea of a Green Man on the side of the boat. Castles and roses are just so last year, don't you think? ;-)

September 12, 2006 4:15 AM  
Blogger valonia said...

Knowleypowley - Thanks, I remember reading HHB's post and have duly saved the link for further inspection.

herhimnbryn - I didn't have much luck with the google image search. I will try again. Thanks for the link. I do like that GM, but am also slightly scared of it too!

Sharon J - Ah, yes, my face. I fractured my cheek bone and eye socket. My husband took photos of me in the ambulance too, just so I could look back and er, laugh.
And yes, castles are just so last year! :)

September 14, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

Truly the geatest blog on the Internet.

www.crashtestcomic.com

September 15, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I tried dogpile.com for 'images', search term "Green Man" and came up with a plethora. Good luck.

September 17, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger valonia said...

zhoen - Thank you. I will give it a go. :)

September 18, 2006 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home