Thursday, July 06, 2006


A whole day off work. Well, almost. I finished this morning and now have the whole day to potter around on the boat. The great thing about where we are moored is that I have been given a tiny plot of land to turn into a vegetable plot. I harvested my first cucumber today. I have more peas, spinach and lettuce than I know what to do with and its not going to be very long before the potatoes are ready to dig.
Still, there is always weeding to be done. I don't know how the dandelions survived the storms of this morning. I was glad I was at work for it. The storm last month broke overhead and the whole boat shook with the thunder. Things fell off the shelves and the cat wouldn't remove herself from under the table. I just happened to be looking out of the window when lightning struck the pylon in the park opposite. That was bloody close and very scary and the cleverest thing for us all to do was run out of our boats shouting "Ooh, did you see that?". Full of bright ideas, us boaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Sounds an idylic and relaxing life, living on a boat (bet the cat didn't think so during the thunderstorm). Wonderful photos

July 06, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger valonia said...

I wouldn't change it for anything. When a storm is brewing the cat follows me around in case she gets caught out alone! Bless her.

July 08, 2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home